"To survive and profit in a future resource-constrained world, all organisations must reduce their footprint."
Craig Simmons of Best Foot Forward
Harvest House offers Bed and Breakfast in a family home. It is committed to achieving environmental best practice throughout its business activities.
Harvest House recognises that economic growth must be closely linked to a healthy environment. Ecological protection and sustainable practice are collective responsibilities in which we all play a role not only as individuals but as communities, and as governments.
- We will endeavour to maintain our property as efficiently as possible and protect and encourage the wildlife that visits our grounds.
- We will comply with all relevant environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We will endeavour to encourage an understanding of the environmental issues arising from our business activity among our suppliers, contractors, customers and the local community.
- Where supply allows, we will endeavour to use local resources.
- Where possible we will reduce our energy and water consumption, and ensure that in the disposing of waste, we will recycle where safe and appropriate, limiting and preventing any environmental pollution.
- We will review our programme of objectives and targets annually to ensure our continual improvement of our environmental management.